The client is a leading Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Rwanda.
They specialise in connectivity solutions and super-fast web experiences.
In 2018, the client ventured into the data centre business with the realisation that the African interconnectivity network needed infrastructure for data sovereignty and ease of access for local customers.
The client today has diversified offerings and is considered as one of the leading names in the technology landscape of Rwanda. They already offers high-speed local connectivity within the region.
IndiQus delivered a fully secure, highly available and completely scalable public cloud for the client with the following highlights:
- Launched Rwanda’s first-ever domestic cloud service that addressed the demand for a locally available and serviceable public cloud in the country.
- Highly competitive portfolio of 50+ cloud services for the Rwandan
- Using Apiculus, the client has become the very first local provider of Kubernetes services in the region.
- Multi-cloud options by letting customers use B.Secure Cloud and AWS from the same interface.
Here is how we set up public cloud services for the client:
- Cloud design and architecture: To begin with, we started with a basic setup sized with three production hosts. The storage configuration, virtualisation and orchestration layers were designed to be horizontally scalable to cater to current requirements as well as future growth.
- Multi-tenant, high availability infrastructure: The public cloud was designed to deliver a multi-tenant, high availability Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). Cloud orchestration layer was implemented to provide automation for the creation, provisioning and configuration of virtual machines and high-performance storage.
- White-labelled cloud management platform (CMP): We integrated a comprehensive cloud management platform with self-service capabilities for both operations support as well as business support.
- Network monitoring and helpdesk system: To ease the day-to-day operations, network monitoring tools and a helpdesk system was integrated.
- Product support: Going beyond the technology setup, we also extended support for costing, pricing and packing their services with a go-to-market strategy.
- Technical training and ongoing knowledge sessions: Going beyond support, we also offer technical training and hands-on experiences working with cloud management and help implement best practices for optimum use of the available infrastructure.